Jeanette Balfe-Groh, PsyD, LPI had wonderful opportunities to receive training and to provide therapy, assessments, testing, and supervision in a number of different settings including state and private hospitals, residential programs, chemical dependency centers mental health clinics and private practice centers. I have worked with clients from ages five through elderly and from a wide range of socio-economic, cultural-ethnic, sexual-orientation, family compositions, and religious/spiritual beliefs. I use a integrative theoretical approach emphasizing humanistic, cognitive-behavioral, experiential, DBT, and psychodynamic conceptualization and interventions. Specialties include: Assessment, Testing, and reporting for psychological, cognitive, chemical health & addiction (Rule 25) evaluations, courted ordered evaluations (psychological and parenting), and HPSP evaluations and supervision. Jeanette also provides therapy for a wide range of mental health problems and life issues. She is experienced in working with mood and anxiety disorders, grief and loss, SPMI, addiction, PTSD, trauma, abuse (sexual, physical, emotional) , anger management, life span issues, uncoupling, women’s issues, adoption, career and work issues.
- Doctor of Psychology from the University of St. Thomas School of Professional Psychology
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology from the University of St. Thomas School of Professional Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Mankato State University
- Bachelor of Science in Community Corrections from Mankato State University
Kaleigh Frey, M.Ed., LPC, NCC
I bring passion and motivation to my work with clients. I strongly believe that healthy relationships heal and because of that I focus on building strong, collaborative relationships with my clients.
I enjoy working with clients with varied struggles and concerns. My areas of focus include anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder, addictions, specifically gambling addiction, bipolar disorder, schizoaffective disorder, and identity development. I have also enjoyed working with college students, or adults ages 18-23, and helping them navigate what can be a particularly difficult time in their life.
I employ mindfulness and yoga techniques in my practice as a therapist as well as in my personal life. I also enjoy listening to podcasts, cross-stitching, and spending time with my cat, Charles. I grew up in Northern Minnesota and am always grateful when I can go back and enjoy the lakes, trees, and nature.
- Master of Education in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, from North Dakota State University
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from University of North Dakota, with a minor in Women and Gender Studies and a minor in Deaf Studies
Cris Roman, M.A., LMFT
- Master of Arts in Psychotherapy, from Adler Graduate School
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, from the University of Maryland
M. Kelly English, MSW, LICSW, LADC
Kelly will be joining Shoreview Mental Health Center in March 2018!
- Bachelor of Social Science from Metropolitan State University
- Master of Clinical Social Work from the Universities of St. Thomas and St. Catherines
Ann O’Fallon, MA, LP
I have lived a full life and had all kinds of experiences. I have learned the value of letting go of habits that harm me and developing perspectives that open me to love and hope. I greatly enjoy working in partnership with others who are going through difficult and challenging times. I believe that by working together toward your desired goals, lasting change can be realized.
My experience has brought me expertise in many areas including grief and loss, parenting, aging, anxiety, depression, professional challenges and interpersonal conflicts. I am a good listener, hold much compassion and have a sense of humor about life. I will work with you to peel away thoughts and actions that contribute to your dissatisfaction with life, and support your core beliefs to be a better you.
- Licensed Psychologist – Masters Level
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Arts in Human Development
- Published Book: “Kiss Me Goodnight: Stores and Poems by Women Who Were Girls When Their Mother Died”